The founder of Oaktree Accountancy, Chris MacLeod, qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1991 and since then has worked as a management accountant in Cumbrian-based companies. The business is based in Oaktree Crescent in Cockermouth.
Between 1996 and 2009 he worked for BNFL and related companies, his role for the next five years being Finance Manager for a business with £50m of annual sales.
These roles have all been a mixture of “bread and butter” financial work and commercial activities, such as:
- Deciding on the right way to price products and services.
- Identifying ways to grow the business by attacking new markets.
- Negotiating with key suppliers on price and service.
- Developing and implementing new software systems.
- Negotiating contracts with customers and managing those contracts.
Chris has always worked closely with other people in his management team to provide the financial and commercial solutions they needed to their goals.
In just the same way, clients of Oaktree will have a close working relationship with Chris in order to get the financial and commercial solutions they need.
The aim of Oaktree Accountancy is to bring this experience to local businesses in a cost-effective way.
In accordance with the disclosure requirements of the Services Regulations 2009, our professional indemnity insurer is Chartis UK Ltd, 2-8 Altyre Road, Croydon CR9 2LG.